I support students and new counsellors in navigating through their counselling training, develop their professional identity, and strengthen their employability as counsellors. I have had many years both as a student, a counsellor, a manager of counsellors, a lecturer, and an academic leader.
Mentoring may be a single consult session, sessions as needed, or more regular appointments.
Areas students may wish to discuss:
- Exploring personal reactions to content or role plays
- Guidance to understand theories and practice
- Assistance in academic skills
- An opportunity to practice skills and receive feedback
- Guidance on how to set up a private practice
- Guidance on how to prepare oneself for maximum employability
- Guidance on how to prepare for research or for entry for doctoral study
Sometimes, in the mentoring relationship, mentees may feel a need for personal therapy. If this occurs, I can provide guidance or a referral to see a therapist. This will ensure the integrity of the mentoring relationship.
I can take students studying counselling in any institution except those where I currently teach (i.e. UniSQ and ACAP). This is to reduce the risk or perception of a conflict of interests.
To book a consultation or mentoring appointment, click here.
For further information, please complete the form below.